- Graduate Research Assistant, 2011 – 2016. Metamaterials and Plasmonics Research Laboratory, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX.
- Visiting Student Researcher, 2015. Resonant Nanophotonics Group, AMOLF Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Visiting Student Researcher, 2010. Centre for Electromagnetic and Antenna Engineering (CELANE), Faculty of Science, Department of Electronic Engineering, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia.
- Research Assistant, 2009 – 2011. Applied Electromagnetics Group, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy.
Scientific Honors, Awards and Recognitions
2015: FGSA Travel Award for Excellence in Graduate Research.
2015: USNC-URSI Travel Fellowship Grant Award 2015.
2015: Honorable Mention, Student Paper Competition of the 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and North American Radio Science Meeting.
2014: Homer Lindsey Bruce Graduate Fellowship, awarded by the Graduate School of The University of Texas at Austin.
2014: Honorable Mention, Student Paper Competition of the 2014 IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation.
2014: Physical Review Letters “Editors’ choice”, for the paper F. Monticone, and A. Alù, “Embedded Photonic Eigenvalues in 3D Nanostructures”.
2013: Incubic/Milton Chang Travel Award.
2013: Full Membership, Scientific Honor Society Sigma Xi.
2013: Honorable Mention, Student Paper Competition of the 2013 IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation.
2013: Physical Review Letters “Editors’ choice”, for the paper F. Monticone, N. Mohammadi Estakhri, and A. Alù, “Full Control of Nanoscale Optical Transmission with a Composite Metascreen”.
2013: Physical Review Letters “Editors’ choice”, for the paper F. Monticone, C. Argyropoulos, and A. Alù, “Multilayered Plasmonic Covers for Comblike Scattering Response and Optical Tagging”.
2013: USNC-URSI Travel Fellowship Grant Award 2013.
2012: Selected to attend the “2012 Gordon Research Conference (GRC) on Plasmonics”, a selective and prestigious event bringing together the best students and scientists working in the field of Plasmonics.
2010: Selected to attend the “IBM EMEA Best Student Recognition Event”.
2010: Student Travel Grant awarded by Politecnico di Torino, with the project proposal “Wideband Cloaking Devices”.
- Active peer reviewer for the journals Optica, Physical Review Applied, Physical Review A, Physical Review B, Physical Review Letters, ACS Photonics, Optics Express, Optics Letters, Applied Optics, Journal of Optics, Applied Physics Letters, Scientific Reports, Journal of Applied Physics, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation and several international conferences.
- Sponsor and Exhibitor Organizer for the international conferences Metamaterials’2015, Oxford, UK, September 7-10, 2015, and Metamaterials’2016, Chania, Crete, Greece, 17-22 September 2016. In 2015, I raised the highest amount of sponsor money of this conference series so far.
- Professional Memberships:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Graduate student member (2009 – present).
- IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (IEEE AP-S). Student member (2012 – present).
- American Physical Society (APS). Student member (2011 – present).
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). Student member (2012 – present).
- Optical Society of America (OSA). Student member (2013 – present).
- IEEE Photonics Society (IEEE IPS). Student member (2013 – present).
- Virtual Institute for Artificial Electromagnetic Materials and Metamaterials. Student member (2015 – present).